Sunday, August 9, 2009

ILLAMASQUA - Review


so, I guess everybody knows about illamasqua already - and I like to share my thoughts because my first order arrived! :)

what I ordered:
Powder Foundation in 135

in order of the photo above, left to right:
Intense Lipglosses in
Liaison
Repulse
Indulge
Gender
Move
Fierce

Sheer Lipglosses in
Mina
Lily-Rose

Medium Pencils in
Odd
Contrary

the foundation is silky and gives a good and even coverage (I apply it with my 136, I tried it with a kabuki first but it is more comfortable for me this way) and has a great staying power!

the lipglosses are the best glosses I ever tried! they are SO pigmented (the intense ones!) and feel gorgeous on the lips, i sort of have the feeling they are moisturizing too. it is interesting to have a gloss that isn't sticky but stays on and on and on... - the colour gets lighter during the day but there is still colour on the lips.
you can wear those glosses intense or blott them down a little.

the sheer lipglosses are as silky as the intense ones (they do seem more liquid to me) but you have to imagine the colours on the illamasqua site as a stain, because they're really sheer. it turned out that mina is such a wearable colour :)

both, intense and sheer, smell a little bit like red berries - which i love! :)

the only product I was disappointed with were the medium pencils. they smell like wax and that smell is so intense that you smell it when you wear it as a lipliner, and for me it is not possible to achieve a smooth application due to their waxy consistency - but they last long...
and I can't use them on my waterline because I get NO colour there. and as a base on the lid the application isn't smooth enough...if anybody knows what I'am doing wrong TELL ME!

I will definetly order again, and most of the products made me more than happy! :D
next time I will be ordering a liquid foundation/concealer, nail laquer and brushes...and probably some other products too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment